Is it already that time again to write you guys???? Wow how fast! Ok I am going to make up for all the time that I have not been writing. I really am sorry!
SO LET´S BEGIN…. haha
We ate our 2 Super Panchos!!! 🙂 and then we went searching for a backpack and a watch! Success!!!! We found what we needed! 🙂 Milagro! We then after writing family and friends went and had our lesson with the Familia Gonzalez! They are the Family who’s 2 kids Sebastian and Ailen are going to be baptized this Sunday the 8th! 🙂 We had a lesson with the entrevista questions but with a twist. We made it into a game and it was so fun and a great way for them to understand and explain their testimonies! We are so excited for their baptism! They had their interviews and it went well! 😉 We are so excited for them and they are just the best! The older sister is now interested in coming to church and learning more and the mother is just waiting to be married with her husband. 🙂 They are such a great fun sweet family! They want to be sealed together in the temple! and we are going to help them get there! 🙂
I woke up without my voice!!!!! So that was fun and quite interesting…. and then I got super sick! I was congested, clogged, and had major headaches. This lasted till Sunday! But I didn’t want to sit in the house all day so we went out until I couldn’t go anymore and then I rested. Until we decided that this idea was just plain dumb. So Friday after interviews with our Mission President I went home and slept/rested in the pensh till lunch Saturday. We went to lunch and then I rested until church the next day! and now I am better! 🙂 HALLELUJAH! 🙂
But durung the week of sickness many interesting things happened…
1. We had lunch with one family (Familia Botto-great family) and we were teaching them about the house of Israel and the 12 tribes. I was not feeling good I was still really sick! But we gave the lesson and during the lesson I was talking about the 12 tribes and with my hands I was holding up 6 or 7 fingers everytime I said the 12 tribes of israel until I realized that it wasn’t right we all started laughing and we all knew I needed to go home and lie down and rest! haha OH the joys of being sick! We don’t know what it was. Our guess is it had to do with the change of climate. It was not fun but I survived and am ok now! 🙂
2. We have a new missionary from Salt Lake Utah Elder Thomas in our ward. He is doing really good and is speaking like a champ! Our missionary leader is the best and we had an amazing meeting! I just love this ward and the members! They are amazing and are always willing to help us! We rely on the members! This is the Lord´s work-NOT the “dweeby young” missionaries work! 🙂 Let´s work together in the work of the Lord.
3. Oh yeah I got all the letters this week!!!!! 🙂 Fam Frederick-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PEAUNUT BUTTER! it was so yummy and my comp and iI ate it straight out of the package! haha YUMMY! You guys are awesome thanks! Thank you to everyone else for all the stamps!!!! I was in need and now I am set! 🙂 I also got a letter from my “mom” of the mission Hermana Hernandez! She is the sweetest! I love her so much! she has 13 months! Can you beilieve it? Time flies!!!!
4. Our bishop here is the best! He is so helpful and I love his family too! We had lunch with them Sunday and then did some visits with them! He looks a lot like silly Grandpa or Kevin! Mom you will have to send me a picture! They are like the same! He is soooo silly and just down to earth!
5. Milagro del agua! We didn’t have water Friday Night and I was still really sick. The next morning we did our studies and then prayed for water. I then went to test the water and it began to run! 🙂 The Lord is watching over us! We were and are blessed!
6. Even though I was sick one day I said we should go out because we had appointments that we didn’t want to cancel…it was hard for me and I felt awful. My comp wanted to take me home but I said let’s contact one more person. I feel like we need to contact her today. She was a reference from someone we contacted in the streets. We went and didn’t find her but found a famliy that lived in the same street. They are awesome and we are now teaching them! 🙂 I know the Lord is always guiding us and will lead us to those who are ready to hear the gospel if we will but just listen.
7.I LOVE MY COMPANION!!!!!! We have tooo much fun together! We are just these two crazy blondies! She and I are always laughing and having awkward fun moments! We just get along so well! Even when we teach we click really well in the lessons! Its awesome! 🙂 Its just the best! We came up with nicknames for each other this week. I gave her the nickname “THE SPIRIT MASTER” and she gave me the nickname “The JEFFERY” (the Jeffery R. Holland) haha (don’t know if I am worthy of the nickname but my companion believes so.. haha) She is just so great and we are learning so much together and just having a blast! The mission still is hard but together we ROLL WITH IT! 🙂 WE LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE! we are just too happy and tooo blessed!
8. I AM IN LOVE WITH STUDYING THE SCRIPTURES! I was missing out before the mission. I challenge all of you to reallly take adavntage of your personal study. Don’t just fall into the habit of reading but really just enjoy it! Find a method that works for you! I have grown so much! I have such a greater love and understanding of/for my Savior. My realationship is strenthingning and I know the only way we can do that is through getting to know Him and what better way to do that then by praying and studying HIs words no? I know the scriptures are the word of God and that they truly can be a guide in our lives. Don’t take for granted this precious gift we have been given! The Book of Mormon! All the scriptures and instructions from the prophets. ( I am finishing up D&C and I am studying Jesus is the Christ! I can’t stop! it is so hard to put them down!)
Something I learned/studied this week:
what is grace?
Grace is the help or strength given through the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ.
“Grace is not a booster engine that kicks in once our fuel supply is exhausted. Rather, it is our constant energy source. It is not the light at the end of the tunnel but the light that moves us through the tunnel. Grace is not achieved somewhere down the road. It is received right here and right now.”-brad wilcox
Grace is a gift that we have been given and can use in every moment of our lives. As we apply the Atonement we can apply grace. We can use this enabling power to endure and overcome and face our weaknesses and challanges.
Something i read in D&C 93:12-14,20
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
20 For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of hisfulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
I love these scriptures. As i have been studying in D&C and Jesus the Christ. I have learned so much. Christ was born just like you and me. He had to learn and grow too. And as it says in the scripture he recieved it grace for grace. and then in 20 it says the same can be for us we can recieve the fullness or in other words we can become like our Father in Heaven, we can overcome our weaknesses, we can become glorified beings.
HOW? grace for grace step by step as we use this “constant energy source” in our lives. I loved this! I learned so much! I dont have time to share it all but i wanted to share a little bit of what i learned!
I know these things are true! The grace of our Savior is real and is a gift! I hope each of you can learn to apply and use it isn your life! in every moment of your lives. It will ENABLE you to BECOME. isnt that our goal to become like our Savior and Redeemer Jesucristo! We have what we need to do it! I love this gospel and am so grateful for my Savior! i know He lives and loves me and each one of you! HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT! so lets use it!
I love you all and hope you have a FANTABULOUS week! You are in my prayers always!
ps. have lots of funny and embarassing stories but I will save those for the next letter! 🙂